Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest guidance including moving our learning online temporarily.
If you are aged between 14 and 18 and interested in pursuing further studies in Art and Design, our weekly art and design programmes will provide you with a broad introduction to the subject. Weekly programmes are available in Photography, Painting & Drawing, Graphics & Illustration, Fashion Promotion and 3D Design.
Course length: 1 to 6 weeks - you choose how long you would like to stay
Lessons per week: art classes, plus excursions and evening activities
Entry dates: July, August
Fees: £1,400* per week (Summer 2019) - (includes registration fee, accommodation, meals and airport transfer fees). *There is also an additional fee of £75 will apply for unaccompanied minor services
This course is designed to provide you with a broad working knowledge of a range of specialist disciplines within art and design. It is ideal for students serious about pursuing further studies or a career in art and design. With direction from professional artists, classes are intensive and students are encouraged to produce a high standard of work in a different specialist area each week.
International students should have at least an intermediate level of English and can choose to combine their specialist weeks with separate weeks of Intensive English.
For 2019 you can choose between :
LEARN FROM PROFESSIONALS
Our lecturers are all working professionals who will bring valuable industry experience to the programme.
BROADEN YOUR SKILLS IN THE INDUSTRY
During the film photography component you will learn all about taking and developing your own photographs from initial concept to printed image, including wet processes to develop film in black & white in the darkroom. If you have your own digital SLR or traditional film SLR camera, please bring it with you.
DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS IN
Photo editing | Wet room processes | Film development | SLR training
• Sunday 30th June to Sunday 7th July 2019
• Sunday 7th July to Sunday 14th July 2019
• Sunday 14th July to Sunday 21st July 2019
• Sunday 28th July to Sunday 4th August 2019
1. Youill be able to take and develop your own black and white photographs from initial concept to printed image.
2. You will be able to use black and white wet processes in the darkroom.
3. The course will give confidence in using a SLR camera and understand lenses and techniques.
4. You be introduced to studio practice and lighting.
This programme will give you the chance to study in central Cambridge in a fun and creative environment led by experienced tutors at CSVPA.
Drawing is the basis for any creative art. This course is ideal for those that want to pursue careers in fine art and illustration. It also provides a foundation for different creative disciplines including graphics, fashion, 3D and Animation. The activities on this course help you to think creatively and challenge your mind set and approach to artistic problems. You will also have the opportunity to visit galleries and museums and gather research to inform your own responses.
DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS IN
Observation and self-expression | Print making | Collage | Mixed media drawing | Still life
• Sunday 30th June 2019 to Sunday 7th July 2019
• Sunday 14th July 2019 to Sunday 21st July 2019
• Sunday 28th July 201 9 to Sunday 4th August 2019
1. You will gain inspiration from visiting world-class Cambridge museums and galleries.
2. You will develop your understanding through experimentation with a multitude of painting and drawing techniques.
3. You will have the opportunity to discuss your work and share your ideas with tutors that are industry professional
Explore the world of fashion communication and get an introduction to the fashion media industry. Develop your skills in both digital and manual creative solutions in the fashion communication field
DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS IN
Brand concept | Magazine layout | Logo design | Printing processes
• Sunday 21st July 2019 to 28th July 2019
1. You will develop an understanding of brand concept and the world of fashion communication.
2. You will gain a broad understanding of magazine layouts in the fashion media industry.
3. You will develop a basic understanding of logo design.
Exploring idea generation through material investigation and fabricating processes, you will gain an understanding of the basic skills required for a wide range of 3D design disciplines. Through experimentation and quick fire responses to the brief, you will start to understand the idea behind key 3D Design principles, including scale, abstraction, material, structure, form movement and colour and their place within wider design pathways.
Material understanding | Model fabrication | Basic digital skills including use of laser cutter | Presentation | Idea generation and development | Conceptual thinking
•Sunday 4th August 2019 to 11th August 2019
1. You will, through problem solving, create 10 outcomes answering the brief based around redesigning a single object.
2. You will utilise state of the art laser cutting technology to prototype conceptual ideas.
3. Project will culminate in a group presentation of outcomes that peers will be able to discuss new ideas and skills developed over the week’s activities.
Through workshops, group projects and practical tasks, you will become acquainted with the skills and knowledge that will serve as a perfect starting point for future education and possible careers in the animation industry. Throughout the course you will become familiar with storyboarding, 3D modelling, sculpting, animation and rigging along with relevant software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Animate, ZBrush and Blender.
EXPLORE THE UK ANIMATION INDUSTRY
Field trips will form a fundamental part of the course and students will go on one excursion to see a .
Storyboarding | Character design | Key frame animation | Rotoscoping | 3D modelling | Character rigging
1. You will learn how to construct narrative using storyboard and character design techniques.
2. You will explore how to make an animated sequence using the latest Adobe software.
3. You will be introduced to 3D modelling using Sculptris and/or Blender.
Throughout the week, you will learn how to design and build a sector piece for a game, start to design the backdrops on paper and research using Padlet for mood boards You will also gain an understanding of concepts for games, game engines and will receive an introduction to texturing.
Concepts for games | Designing and building a sector piece for a game | Texturing | Unity; games engines | Maya
• Sunday 21st July 2019 to Sunday 28th July 2019
1. You will have explored a range of practical concepts in creating a sector piece for a game.
2. You will have had the opportunity to solve creative briefs through a range of techniques and skills guided by our highly experienced staff.
3. You will have a basic understanding of game engines.
4. You will be able to create basic texturing.
More information |
If you choose to block cookies some parts of this website may not operate. To block cookies please do this within your browser settings. Most browsers allow you to block cookies within their settings and we have provided links to the most commonly used browsers.
Please view our cookie details page for more information on the cookies we use.
in partnership with