WHAT SHOULD I INCLUDE IN MY PORTFOLIO?
Your portfolio is the chance to show us your skills and your passion and as a guide we would like to see some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- drawing of any kind
- project and self-initiated work, to include work in progress or finished pieces, showcasing a level of visual skill and creativity
- evidence of primary and secondary research, which might include information from reference books, magazines, exhibition or museum visits
- your thinking and development process in sketchbooks or notebooks, including reflective thinking
- personal ideas and areas of interest (if fashion is your passion, show us)
- experimentation with a range of different media and materials, showing evidence of innovative thinking where possible
- a breadth of interest in and exploration of a range of art and design disciplines
- evidence of cultural awareness, identifying social and cultural influences on your work.
If you are submitting your portfolio digitally, you should include between 10–15 images in total, showcasing a range of work, which might include sketchbook pages.