20 years +
Successfully completed an Undergraduate Degree in graphic design, graphics and illustration, communication design or closely related subject.
CSVPA recognises a wide variety of qualifications and/or relevant experience and encourages applications from all people, with a demonstrable interest and experience in their subject. Applications without the qualifications or disciplinary background identified above but who demonstrate relevant experience, necessary skills and intellectual achievement needed to succeed on the course will be considered. Equivalent experience must be evidenced through the additional submission of a professional CV.
In some cases students may be required to complete a Graduate Diploma.
IELTS 6.5+ (no element under 5.5)
Portfolio & Personal Statement
A portfolio demonstrating appropriate skills, research and prior experience of the subject.
A Personal Statement that tells us about you, your approach to practice, and your ambitions and aspirations for the future.
September to September
Up to 15 hours per week
Up to 5 hours per week if required
Please submit a short statement (300-400 words), telling us about yourself, your previous experience and your approach to creative practice. Please include:
- Reasons for applying to our MA course.
- Experience and skills. What were you doing before?
- Your approach to art/design practice. What inspires, informs and influences what you do—and why?
- Your goals. What do you hope to get out of the MA?
- Your long-term ambitions. How do you think postgraduate study will help you develop a career in the creative industries?