MA Visual Communication: Graphic Design is an intensive studio-based programme that combines creative and professional development. Offering opportunities for internships with industry partners including Hearst Magazines UK, the course is focused on developing the industry-ready skills, digital confidence and creative expertise for careers in graphic communication design and related fields today.
During the intensive 12-month programme based in our central Cambridge studios, you will advance a specialist knowledge of your chosen area of communication design, and be encouraged to explore new methods, digital platforms and technologies that help develop an original approach and take your work in exciting new directions. As well as refining your knowledge of fundamental principles and the traditional print and screen-based skills necessary for future careers in commercial work, you will be supported to explore the expanded field of contemporary graphic design, including motion graphics, digital and interactive design, UX/UI, information design, and user-centred approaches.
This programme offers outstanding specialist tuition combined with extensive academic contact and studio access. As a Master’s student you benefit from:
- Exclusive access to media and industry expertise, workshops and internships through our partners including our design partner Hearst Magazines UK, publisher of titles including Digital Spy, Esquire and Elle Decoration.
- Expert tuition from industry-active professional graphic designers, branding experts, animators and illustrators with a passion for teaching.
- Intensive learning experience tailored to your needs and ambitions, with high level of personalised support and 1:1 tutorial time.
- Opportunities for work placements or industry mentoring as part of the course.
- A postgraduate qualification you need to stand out, and get ahead.
- Collaborating with a creative, inter-disciplinary and global postgraduate community.
- Your own iMac and studio work space, open every day of the week.
- Access to regular Life Drawing in our dedicated drawing studio.
- A small, supportive and specialist creative arts college in a beautiful, historic and cultural city—a creative hotspot and home to one of the UK’s most dynamic and international student communities.
This course is awarded by Falmouth University.
View course details