MA Art & Design is a contemporary postgraduate programme that develops the skills, confidence and creative expertise needed for careers in art, design and the creative industries. With unique opportunities including internships with our partner Hearst Magazines UK, we have worked together to design an outward-facing and flexible Master’s to help develop your individual ambitions and prepare you for professional creative practice.
This flexible and project-based course is open to graduates from any art or design subject. During the intensive 12-month programme in our central Cambridge studios, you will explore and advance your knowledge of your chosen specialist area, develop confidence in digital skills and communication, and find inspiration and exciting new directions by experimenting with methods, materials and processes that develop your individual approach.
MA Art & Design gives you the flexibility to study your chosen art or design subject specialism within one Master’s course. The emphasis is on the development of a professional portfolio and an independent MA project that builds skills and extends your knowledge of your subject area, including:
- Fine Art Practice
- Spatial Design, and Styling and Design for Interiors
- 3D, Product Design and Craft
- Photography and Moving Image
The course sits alongside our specialist programmes in Fashion: Design, Fashion: Branding & Creative Communication, Visual Communication: Graphic Design and Visual Communication: Illustration & Animation, offering you the flexibility to specialise or work across subjects.
This programme offers outstanding specialist tuition combined with extensive academic contact and studio access. As a Master’s student you benefit from:
- Exclusive access to contemporary creative industry expertise, workshops and internships through our partners including leading digital and print media publisher Hearst Magazines UK, publisher of titles including Digital Spy, ELLE, Esquire and Elle Decoration.
- Expert tuition from industry-active professional designers, artists, visual communicators and researchers with a passion for teaching.
- Intensive learning experience tailored to your needs and ambitions, with high level of personalised support and 1:1 tutorial time.
- Opportunities for work placements or industry mentoring as part of the course.
- A postgraduate qualification you need to stand out, and get ahead.
- Collaborating with creative, inter-disciplinary and global postgraduate community.
- Your own iMac and studio work space, open every day of the week.
- Access to regular Life Drawing in our dedicated drawing studio.
- A small, supportive and specialist creative arts college in a beautiful, historic and cultural city—a creative hotspot and home to one of the UK’s most dynamic and international student communities.
This course is awarded by Falmouth University.
View course details