Art & Design Pathway
If you are an international student with an Art & Design Degree completed outside the UK and are looking to study a Master's in the same or different art and design discipline at a UK university, our Graduate Diploma programme will prepare you for the high level of independence and specific learning skills demanded by a Master's.
Creative Industries Pathway
For students who have completed a degree in a non-Art & Design degree but want to complete a Master’s course in a Fashion related, non-studio based subject, we also offer a route to further study. The Graduate Diploma experience provides an opportunity to develop skills and align your future career aspirations to the demands of a Master’s Degree in the UK. The types of MA courses our students can progress onto are non-practical, non-studio based courses that are more akin to management, marketing, promotion and curating.
What to Expect
The learning experience of the Graduate Diploma will vary according to the individual needs and Master’s course you are aiming for. As a student you will however:
• develop an appreciation of current critical debates that are shaping the future of your subject.
• enter into dialogue with a mix of specialists, providing a unique context for discussion.
• gain a proficiency in digital media skills to become creative entrepreneurs within the current digital age.
• develop fundamental skills in your specialist area.
• enhance your own critical reflection of practice.
• learn how to present your work with an informed awareness of context and audience.
• build a strong portfolio and learning journal as well as develop research proposals to support your MA application.