17 years +
Successfully completed Senior High School with 1 x A level (grade C or above) & 3 x GCSEs or equivalent.
Students who do not meet these entry requirements will still be considered on their own individual potential to succeed.
IELTS 5.0+ (no element below 4.0+)
Portfolio of work showing personal work, school work, finished and prepared which demonstrates a commitment to Fashion Design
University of the Arts London Awarding Body
UAL Level 4 Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
Up to 25 hours per week
Up to 5 hours per week if required
Fashion related Degree
WHAT SHOULD I INCLUDE IN MY PORTFOLIO?
Your portfolio is the chance to show us your skills and your passion and as a guide we would like to see some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- show us 10-15 pieces of your very best work: quality is more important than quantity
- include both taught and personal work
- demonstrate drawing skills (from live observation, as well as from photos or reference materials)
- show us your personal ideas and areas of interest (if you’re passionate about a certain subject, show it!)
- experiment with a wide range of media and materials
- show your research and ideas in sketchbooks or notebooks
- only use work you have made in the last 18 months: nothing older
- submit it electronically as a PPT or PDF, or arrange an interview to show your work in person.
What we look for in a portfolio