You will assess/evaluate your existing knowledge and skills (technical, conceptual and contextual). Also you will learn skills and reference that can be applied to all areas of Art & Design before honing in on your specific interest.
- Introduction to reflective practice
- Introduction to research and study skills
- Introduction to the critical context of contemporary practice
- Individual tutorials / workshop inductions / seminars / peer presentations
This stage you will learn critical thinking and scholarly methods that help you explore possible lines of research for your MA. Specially tailored activities will give you an opportunity to develop your own research proposals, while still working on developing your portfolio.
- Personal manifesto
- Research and practice (defining avenues of research)
- The critical context of contemporary practice
- Targeting Masters programmes
- Individual tutorials/ specialist area studio practice / seminars / peer presentations
This stage you will focus on the development of your own creative practice through detailed research and development. The final outcome is a final major project which forms the platform for continued research and study on a Master's Programme in the UK.
- Final major project with critical appraisal
- Independent learning and advanced scholarly activity
- Employing Personal Development Plans
- Establishing new working practices
- Individual tutorials/ specialist area studio practice/ seminars/ peer presentations