17 years +
Successful completion of High School (year 11 or year 12 depending on native country) is needed or 1 x A level or 2 AS levels at grade E or above and 5 x GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably in a relevant creative subject.
Students who do not meet these entry requirements will still be considered on their own individual potential to succeed.
IELTS 4.5+ (no element under 4.0)
Portfolio of work showing personal work, school work, finished and prepared
WHAT SHOULD I INCLUDE IN MY PORTFOLIO?
Your portfolio is the chance to show us your skills and your passion and as a guide we would like to see some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- show us 10-15 pieces of your very best work: quality is more important than quantity
- include both taught and personal work
- demonstrate drawing skills (from live observation, as well as from photos or reference materials)
- show us your personal ideas and areas of interest (if you’re passionate about a certain subject, show it!)
- experiment with a wide range of media and materials
- show your research and ideas in sketchbooks or notebooks
- only use work you have made in the last 18 months: nothing older
- submit it electronically as a PPT or PDF, or arrange an interview to show your work in person.
What we look for in a portfolio