18 years +
A pass at UAL Level 3 Foundation Diploma or Extended Diploma or equivalent or successful completion of High School (year 11 or year 12 depending on native country) is needed or 2 x A levels equivalent to 64 UCAS points and 1 GCSE or equivalent at grade 4 or C, preferably in a relevant creative subject.
Students who do not meet these entry requirements will still be considered on their own individual potential to succeed.
IELTS 5.5+ (with no element below 5.5)
Good portfolio of work
UCAS Institution Code
UCAS Course Code
What should I include in my portfolio?
Your portfolio is the chance to show us your skills and your passion and as a guide we would like to see some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- drawing of any kind
- project and self-initiated work, to include work in progress or finished pieces, showcasing a level of visual skill and creativity
- evidence of primary and secondary research, which might include information from reference books, magazines, exhibition or museum visits
- your thinking and development process in sketchbooks or notebooks, including reflective thinking
- personal ideas and areas of interest (if fashion is your passion, show us)
- experimentation with a range of different media and materials, showing evidence of innovative thinking where possible
- a breadth of interest in and exploration of a range of art and design disciplines
- evidence of cultural awareness, identifying social and cultural influences on your work.
If you are submitting your portfolio digitally, you should include between 10–15 images in total, showcasing a range of work, which might include sketchbook pages.
What we look for in a portfolio