Добро пожаловать в колледж CSVPA
CSVPA launches Music FoundationДата статьи : 2009/12/18 | Вернуться к новостям
Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts is delighted to announce a new Music Foundation programme beginning in September 2010 for students aged 17+.
"We already have long-standing, highly regarded Art, Design and Drama foundation programmes; adding Music is a natural development for us." commented Head of School Chris Maughan.
"Full details about the programme will be announced early in the New Year, but there has already been a lot of interest and we have begun enrolling our first students for September."
To enquire about the programme, please contact our admissions team.
The Music Foundation will cover the core components required for further study in Music or Music Technology - be that as a performer, producer or composer. The course will be assessed through a combination of performance, composition, coursework and exams.
1) Popular Music
• Score reading
• Performance of works
• Research skills
• Compositional study
2) Listening Skills
• Sound production
• Production effects
• Classical aural perception (describing / recognising intervals / chords)
• Field research
3) Music in the Real World
• Organisational skills
• Copyright laws
• Government incentives
• Master classes: improvisation, performance techniques, performance of own composition
• Guest artist / tutor lessons
• Alexander technique (the health of the performer)
• One-to-one instrumentals
• Exploration of the repertoire
• Learning how to compose with technology (in response to a brief)
• Film scoring (film music and compilation of a folio of composition)
• Pastiche (compositional techniques)
• Sequencing from a written score
• Audio track: creating backing tracks
• Manipulating sound
• Matching sound
• Microphone techniques
• Mixing techniques
• Learning the physics of sound
8) Research project
Contact us for further information, or telephone: +44 (0) 1223 345698.